The Information We Collect From You
1. Non-Personally Identifiable Information When you enter the Breakthrough Sites, we may collect certain non-personally identifiable information. This may include your browser information (including browser type, browser version, host operating system, and browser language) and your IP address. We use this information to help diagnose problems with our servers and for other administrative purposes.
In addition, aggregate traffic information may also be collected at the Breakthrough Sites from this non-personally identifiable information. We may use this data for improving the services offered at the Breakthrough Sites.
2. Personally Identifiable Information Some services offered by Breakthrough are only available if we have certain information about you. We collect and process the following personally identifiable information related to our services:
- User Generated Content. If you contribute content to the Breakthrough Sites (e.g. text, photos, videos), we may ask that you provide your name, age and e-mail address or other contact information. We may use this information to ensure that you are old enough to contribute content to the Breakthrough Sites or to contact you regarding your content. For instance, if we receive a copyright infringement complaint your content, we will notify you at the e-mail address you have provided. Unless you request that the content you submit be published anonymously, we also will publish your name with your content.
- Supoort. If you contact us directly, we may keep a record of that correspondence and record conversations for training and/or monitoring purposes.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text files that websites place in your browser when you visit them. When you return to the site, the site can access its previously placed cookie to uniquely identify your browser. Cookies accomplish several different things. They recall your preferences at a website, help content render more efficiently, and improve the overall user experience on a website. They can also help advertisers see what interests you and what advertising may be relevant to you. For further information on cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Breakthrough will never rent, trade or sell your e-mail address. However, we may on occasion share your name and postal address with other organizations unless you opt-out. If you would prefer that your name and postal address not be shared with other, simply send us a request via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
What types of cookies do we use on the Breakthrough Sites?
We primarily use two different types of cookies on this website: (1) Strictly Necessary Cookies and (2) Analytics Cookies:
Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features and services, such as accessing secure areas of the website. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet.
Analytics Cookies: These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance, which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies do not collect information that identifies you. All the information that these cookies collect is anonymous and is used only to improve a website’s services.
Specifically, the Breakthrough Sites use Google Analytics Cookies. Information collected by the Google Analytics cookies will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States of America in accordance with its privacy practices. To see an overview of privacy at Google and how this applies to Google Analytics, visit http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/ads/#toc-analytics. You may opt out of tracking by Google Analytics by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-GB..
You can enable, disable or delete cookies within your browser. In order to do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” menu). Disabling a cookie or category of cookie does not delete the cookie from your browser; you will need to do this yourself from within your browser by choosing the option to delete cookies. If you have disabled one or more analytics cookies, we may still use information collected from cookies prior to your disabled preference being set, however, we will stop using the disabled cookie to collect any further information.
Privacy of Children and Sensitive Consumer Information
Use of Information Collected
1. Primary Purpose of Information Collected
The information and data collected at the Breakthrough Sites is primarily for the purposes of:
- Ensuring that content and services from our site is presented to you in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- Providing you with the services you request;
- Notifying you about changes to our service and policies; and
- Responding to your customer support inquiries.
We may periodically contact you using information supplied to the site (e.g. to provide newsletters you have requested). You may opt out of receiving certain communications by unsubscribing or emailing us at email@example.com. Certain communications, such as those regarding changes to our policies or changes to services you have purchased, you may not opt out of.
Disclosure of your Personal Information
1. Third Parties
We do not rent, share, sell, or trade personally identifiable information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
2. Compliance with Law
3. Service Providers
We may employ service providers and other companies and individuals to perform functions and provide services on our behalf (such as donation processing, e-mail service, account management). These entities may have access to your personal information to the extent needed to perform their functions and also to provide you with the services that you have requested.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents have the right to receive information from us regarding categories of personal information the Site shared with its affiliates during the previous calendar year, if any. This information will be provided free of charge, once per calendar year upon request. To request this information please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Request for California Privacy Information”. We will respond to such written requests within 30 days following receipt at the e-mail or mailing address stated above.
We have implemented reasonable measures to protect the information we collect and store, taking into consideration the types of risks we face and the reasonable protections available to us. No method of protecting information is 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Privacy Practices of Third Parties
Let’s Breakthrough, Inc.
4 West 43rd Street, Suite 715, New York, NY 10036